i>Clickers at UBC
What are clickers? Why bother using clickers in your teaching?
Visit these pages to learn more about how to use clickers effectively in your teaching, and how clickers can increase participation and feedback in your classes.
Setting up UBC's i>Clicker System
Technical and Setup Advice for Instructors
- Watch this 7-minute Video Introduction, created by Jim Sibley in UBC's Faculty of Applied Science.
- Visit OLT's instructional page on software setup
Watch for announcements of training sessions in late August!
- Review the AppSci i>Clicker information pages for a quick and easy-to-follow guide about how to set up and use iClicker in your classroom. These pages also list which classrooms are equipped with receivers.
- Visit the iClicker corporate website at http://iclicker.com
You can also sign up with i>clicker for free online demonstrations and training.
Instructors, do you plan to have students use i>Clickers in an upcoming course? Please be sure to order clickers for your class, at the same time as you place your textbook order through the UBC Bookstore (firstname.lastname@example.org). This will prevent last-minute clicker shortages and allow the Bookstore to have sufficient PRS in stock at the start of term! Please note, certain publishers provide a discount coupon for clickers with their textbooks. Bookstore staff and/or your publisher representative can provide more information.
- Borrow a sample set of clickers from the Faculty of Science Dean's Office, Room 1505 Bio Sciences Building. For more information about equipment bookings, please contact our Administrator, Michele Jayasinha, at 2-3336.
- If you would like to receive more information about documentation and training, please email email@example.com
- Visit online databases of science 'Concept Questions' that you can use with i>clickers (questions that require higher level thinkig from students)